There is no obligation to join after you have had a taster. What happens at a taster session?
1. We will ask you to complete a Pre Training Questionnaire. If you are under 18yrs of age we will ask a parent or guardian to sign this for you. This form can be downloaded and printed off, you can complete this before coming along, if you wish too. You will be given an Introductory Letter which gives more information about our Association, its activities/Instructors and fees. The administrator will talk you through some of the terms. There is a lot to understand and take in, that is why you have it in paper form, so you can digest the information in your own time.
2. You will be introduced to your Instructor who will explain how the lesson will taught. This will be about where to stand, what we do for warm ups etc. You should ask any questions you have. It is also a good time to let your instructor know if there are any injuries or difficulties/concerns you have. Remember: Your Instructor is there to help you and all students and Instructors have done exactly what you are doing, beginning karate.
3. You will be shown where to line up at the beginning of the class. We often get another member to guide you.
4. After the initial warm up, we will let you go to one side with an Instructor who will go through the basic steps and get you started.
5. After the lesson we will discuss about your experience. You may ask any questions about the lesson.
6. Should you wish to come back, please contact TSKR at anytime . Between your first and second lesson, you may have questions, we are happy for you to contact us with any queries.
7. Should you not want to return, please let us know. We will remove your details from our records. Any feedback will help us improve or organisation.
TSKR supports students who are using Karate to gain awards in GCSE Karate and The Duke of Edinburgh Awards and does not have official recognition from the Dept of Education or HRH The Duke of Edinburgh.